Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Blasted nesting syndrom!

So I have done prject after project after project getting ready for Spring/ Baby/ Family coming this weekend for the shower. Gosh, I am so burned out! I only have 5 weeks to go and it sure is coming up fast. I did make the letters for the kids' room. It was fun! I just wish I could paint in there. We don't plan on staying in this house more than a few more years, and I don't want to paint it all cute just to have to re-paint. Too much work!

We have been replacing all of our interior doors because the old ones were scary... look at these pictures of the old and new:



We also got a new tree--Yay--and some bushes for the front of our house:





I pulled up about 60% of the weeds in our front yard so it would look nice when the family gets here... but I gave up after awhile. We have a gazillion goat heads! Todd is going to spray the rest, but we can't spray them until all the family is gone because two of them are bringing their dogs and we don't want the poison to get the dogs sick.... dang it. I can't wait to get those things gone before we get our grass greening up. I love the Spring!

I've also added handles to all of our kitchen cabinets, shampooed the carpets and deep cleaned every room in the house. The house looks great though! I'm just lucky I haven't put myself into labor with all of this! I finally am not able to fit into my wedding ring... it feels weird to not have it on. I'm just glad the end is nearing so quickly!

3 comments:

Michelle and Javier said...

Sounds like spring cleaning has begun for sure! Do you live in Safford or Thatcher? It seems like I have seen that house before :)

Our Ohana said...

Your yard looks GREAT!!! I loved nest syndrom ... I felt like I was actually doing something productive!!!

klutzy k said...

your baby shower was so cute! your mom is gonna be so cute with her new granddaughter. she was just giddy about it when i asked her. :)