Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Happy Birthday Madilyn!

Madilyn May Gardner was born at 8:01 PM March 31st. She weighed in at 9 pounds 3 ounces and was 21 inches long with a 37 cm head! I had an epidural, which was fabulous! It wore off for 45 minutes when I was 8 cm, but I had to have some birth control to remember from this deliver because it was so easy! I only had to push five times and actually got scolded for pushing too hard. She would have come out without me pushing. Crazy. Evan was about the same size and his shoulders got stuck. I didn't even have to push her shoulders out! It was so, so wonderful! Okay, so here's the pictures:





I was induced with pitocin which was started around 9:30 AM and was 4-5 cm at 1 PM. The doctor wanted to break my water, but I had to have my epidural first, and then we had to wait for Dr. Jones to get out of a meeting. So my water was broken at 4:30 PM. It all just went so smoothly! Thank goodness for priesthood blessings!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY! Congratulations! I am so glad everything went well.

Michelle and Javier said...

Congrats! She's beautiful!