Wednesday, April 30, 2008

One Month Old

Madilyn had her one-month check-up today. She is 11# 15oz and is 23 inches long. What a huge girl! She is in 99th percentile for weight and 97th for length. So much for the petite little girl I wanted! She's healthy though, thank goodness. I don't think she has colic like I thought she did. I've noticed that her fussiest days are the ones that are really windy. Her little eyes get all red on those days so she probably got the family allergies. She is a lot more alert now and likes to gaze at me when I talk to her. She has a firey little personality though, just like Evan. We were all hoping that her red hair would stick around, and it is actually getting redder. She has beautiful auburn hair, but no clue on the eye color yet.

Here are some pictures of her wearing the dresses my friend Rachel sent for her. Thank you for the dresses Rachel, they are beautiful!






Evan had to wear one of Madilyn's bows the other day and I caught him on camera. Maybe I can embarass him when he's older.

Popsicles are Evan's absolute favorite thing in the world!



We are doing fairly well, just so tired all the time! Madilyn still wakes up every 3-4 hours at night to eat. She is very hard to burp and swallows a lot of air, so we have a very gassy baby. Believe me, she's not much of a lady when it comes to passing gas and burping. She's bound to embarass Mom and Dad a lot out in public! Todd is finishing up the semester next week and we can hardly wait. Madilyn is getting blessed on Sunday and then we will head to Las Vegas for my sister's wedding on the 16th of May.

5 comments:

klutzy k said...

she is such a doll! your kids sure are cute! :)

Anonymous said...

Too adorable. You guys need to get started on another one.

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

What a beautiful girl!! Girls are so much fun!

Miller Family said...

Hey there Friends... It is so fun to see her wearing those dresses! What a beautiful little girl! I wish we could have been there for her blessing. I'm sure it was wonderful! Evan is still as funny and cute as I remember him. Sure miss you guys. Have fun at your sister's wedding! ~Love Rachel~

Rachel said...

She's so gorgeous! Gotta love red heads. :P