Monday, November 10, 2008

A Busy Weekend

Todd and I are lucky enough to have his cousin and her wife watch our kids for us on Friday so we could go out to dinner together. We only get a date without the kids maybe 1-2 times a year, seriously. Then we went shopping at Wal Mart of course, since it's the only place to shop here. It was a great two-hour break from our kiddos.

Saturday we went to Duncan to help Todd's Dad with their room addition. It is always so fun watch a building go up. It was so cold all day though! I spent the day learning how to use my mother-in-law's sewing machine and making these for Madilyn:
I absolutely cannot wait until I get my own sewing machine. We don't have a place to store one or the fabric, so I have kept turning Todd down when he has asked if I want one. Now that we can't afford it, I really want one. Figures!

I had to work Sunday. It was a hectic day, seriously one of the worste I've had since we moved here two and a half years ago. It seemed like every pregnant belly in Thatcher wanted to deliver this weekend! I was seriously freaked out by what I thought was a poor judgement call by a doctor, and I had to be the one to try to console the family. I can't go into detail, but it wasn't right . It was just one of those days when I loved and hated being a nurse. Is it possible to love and hate your job in the same day? Poor Todd was at home with the kids and he wasn't feeling good all day. I tried to get off early, but that didn't happen. The sad thing was that I normally wouldn't have been working yesterday but had to switch a day with another nurse so I could recertify for my advanced cardiac life support this next weekend. It seems like every time I trade a shift I regret it. Too bad the certification is required. I so wish I didn't have to work at all, but I am lucky to only have to work one day a week.

1 comment:

Kristin Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.