Thursday, December 4, 2008

Another reason to love Christmas!



We finally got our Christmas tree up today! Despite feeling like crap from a sinus infection, once we got the second peice out of storage from my in-laws, we had to put it up.


I am always amazed at how magical and wonderful it feels once it's finished and I get to sit back and watch the lights glitter in a dark room. I love Christmas lights! Oops, I got the pictures before I put the tree skirt under the tree.




Evan was sitting on my lap gazing at the tree with me and I took a moment to explain to him why the tree reminds us of Jesus. Then, his amazing child mind took over. He said "Jesus died. He has ouchies on his head. He has ouchies on his hands and here (he pointed to his sides). I agreed. He said "I want to give him a hug." How sweet! He then said "Jesus saves me."


Children are amazingly precious, with such simple faith. We too wish we could give him a hug. Evan asked if Jesus could come to Evan's house. How greatful I am that his spirit can always be with us and especially in our homes and we raise our precious little souls.

2 comments:

The Tanners said...

That really is a special moment and he will be glad to know this when he is older. Children truly do strengthen our testimonies. They are so amazing!

Clint and Tiffany said...

I love reading your blog! It makes me all happy inside for you guys to see you doing so well! It was fun seeing pictures of Anna and Brindi and Little Dave too! How great to have them here for Thanksgiving! Your tree is perfect and I am SO jealous! We're getting a live one and Clint is making me wait as LONG as he can so it will have more life in it come Christmas! AAAAARG!! :0) That story of Evan is so precious! It really testifies to you just how true it all is when you realize how important it is to such a small child. If it weren't true, why would they grasp it so easily? I have the same sort of experiences with Madison and every time it thins the veil if only for second and allows me to see just how amazing the gospel is and how lucky we are to have it. Love you!