Saturday, December 20, 2008

Holiday fun

I wish I could get a good pictures of both of the at the same time!

We have been so busy lately with housework, work, and parties. We finally found some quiet family time to sit down and teach Evan about Christmas and why we celebrate him. We also did some good Santa teaching so he can be excited about Santa coming this year. I love to watch his eyes light up when he says "presents!"


I am incredibly excited about Christmas morning this year and how Evan will react to it all.


We decorated some sugar cookies and Evan had so much fun eating every one he made. He has been on a constant sugar high!
We finally got some new glasses! I had a REALLY hard time finding some I kinda liked. I was way excited though that Todd and I finally decided to spend the money and get prescription sunglasses! We had transition lenses in our last set of glasses, and they were a nightmare! For anyone who may think of trying them, do not! Here's why: you can't take outside pictures with them on, and they do NOT work while driving!
Today we finally have a weekend at home together. I made banana nut muffins for breakfast and boiled eggs. Today we get to spend the day cleaning out the house and filling our storage shed. Yay!

1 comment:

Quinn said...

I LOVE my Rx sunglasses, and they are a heaven sent. I don't know about you, but I had to stop wearing contacts a few years back. So the fact that I HAVE to wear glasses at all times, I so know what you mean! I hate glasses shopping too; the expence, difficulty finding something that works for an everyday look. Its hard, and people who occassionally wear them, or get them just for looks but don't need them, don't know how tough it is.

I can't wait to be able to teach Franklin about Christmas and Santa. He's not saying much right now, as far as real words, so when people ask him "who's that" pointing to a picture of Christ, it makes me frustrated they forget he's too young.