Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter project

I couldn't find an Easter dress I like for Madilyn. They either cost too much, or didn't have any sleeves. It's too hot for sweaters in AZ! So, I decided to use the sewing machine that Todd got me for Christmas. This is my first dress ever (the only other thing I've sewn was a quilt I made in a quilting class in college). I have had so much fun! I love my maching, and am proud that it has turned out so great. I had my nieghbor show me how to put the sleeves together, but I did all the sewing myself. So, so fun. This is a newfound hobbie for me and I can't wait to make more!



I added the underlayer and bows to the pattern for a little more bling and fullness.





I absolutely love the ruffle along the edges of the neckline, and they were actually very easy to do.

The best part? My friend Erica is going to make me bows for her hair to match! Hooray! I am so excited!

6 comments:

Our Ohana said...

Very cute!! I'm impressed!!! I can't wait to see pictures of her wearing it!!

Christine said...

So cute! Great job, Cassandra. :)

Luke & Erica said...

Cassandra, I am so impressed and can't wait to give you the bows. I live being matchy matchy with bows and hair accessories. I think it is one of the funnest part of having a little girl.

klutzy k said...

that is just darling! great job! i can't believe this is your first dress--you made it look like you're a pro. :)

Christine said...

And I also meant to say - I totally agree that kids need sleeves. Everyone does! It's refreshing to find somebody who agrees. :)

Burgess said...

Hey, cute dress! We were just talking about the pics that Zane's going to do for your cute kiddos and we thought their Easter clothes would be perfect. We kind of scouted out a location already.

Zane has a promising job interview this week, so we'll have to let you know exactly what day a little closer to the time.