Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Evan

Our little guy is growing up so fast and saying the cutest things lately! Last week he inherited some fish from a nurse I work with. Can you tell he is in love?




I finally got around to giving him a haircut this morning and had to take some pictures. He is always so adorable with a fresh haircut. It makes him look so much older to have short hair. Doesn't he look like a big boy?




He made me feel like a million dollars on mother's day. When I finished getting ready for church, I came out of the bathroom and he said "Are you really a princess?!!" Later that day he came up and whispered: "Shh! I really love you Momma

Evan and I used to be the best of friends until my pregnancy sickness hit with Madilyn. He has been so angry with me for the past two years until recently. All of a sudden we are best friends again, and I am loving it. I used to get irritated with the late night dreams and crying that involoved me getting out of bed to comfort him. I guess being at work so much softens me up or something. Now I look forward to lying next to him on his bed and rubbing his back and telling him how much I love him. I won't have many years to do this with him, and this time is so priceless.

I took him to his first primary acitivity last Saturday and I was so proud of him. He kept running over to tell me he loved me. There was a group of four boys his age who were running around being loud and mean to eachother. Evan didn't join them. I want him to be popular, but I don't want him part of the bullying crowd. He is such a good kid!

Last night we were talking a little bit about Jesus. I asked Evan how it made him feel to talk about him. Evan said "It makes me feel really sad." When I asked why, he answered "Because my Jesus died." He always says "My Jesus," So sweet. I am grateful to have such a sweet little man who is so touched by things of the Spirit.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

Evan is getting so big. I love his hair cute!!