Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I am so lucky...






Today was a miserable day. I had to spend the day cleaning, which is horrible with kids. Todd took Evan to Duncan to help his dad fix computers. Madilyn was being evil as is any child who is getting molars. Then came Evan's t-ball game. He wasn't listening and it was HOT. I took my rings off and put them on my leg so I could lather Madilyn with sunblock. Then jumped up a few minutes later to help Evan get back on the field. Before I knew it, we were getting up to leave and I realized my rings weren't on, and I vaguely remember taking them off for the sunblock before all the crazy chasing of kids. Crap! I was so sick to my stomach!

There was another game right after ours so we coldn't comb the grass with all the people around. We decided to go home and come back later. I was in tears. Now I am one of those people who still loves to browse through wedding rings all the time, and thought it would be nice to upgrade at some point. Not now. Losing the thing just about killed me. I don't want another ring... I want THAT one! Todd had to go home teaching, so when the game ended, we had about 10 minutes to look. There were some awesome people who stayed to help too. We looked and looked and I found my wedding ring faced down buried way in the grass. Is that luck or what?!! I have never felt so relieved and so stupid in my life!

1 comment:

*Amy * said...

I lost my wedding ring in the sand a few years ago and was lucky enough to find it! If you want to read the story it is on my blog, funny you had a similar story, I just wrote about it because I didn't want to forget.