Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sassy Little Shoes

Okay, so I have had so much fun with the sewing machine I got for Christmas last year and have fallen in love with making baby shoes. I am thinking of trying to sell these, so tell me what you think!

Happy flower shoes:

This particlar pair is sized 3 3/4 inces. I am guessing a size 3-6 months? they are elastic around the top and padded with fleece in the top and bottom. They are black with red and green flowers and a red inner lining.






Brown with pink and green:
These measure just under 5 inches (12-18 months?) They have an adjustable velcro strap on top and are lined with pink flannel that is so soft!


Boots :
This is the first pair of boots I've made, but I am excited about all the possiblities of them. I am going to try to find some wool to put around the top as well as all sorts of colors of mismatched buttons. I'm not too sure if a flower would go well on them.
This particular pair measures 4 inches (3-6 months?). They are made of brown corduroy and line with ivory flannel. The bottoms are padded.




Happy red flower shoes:
These little cuties are black with red and green flowers and a red inner lining. They are also lined with padding on top and bottom for extra warmth and comfort. They measure 4 1/4 inches (6-9 months?)




Embellished Brown:
It's hard to describe this fabric. It is thick and fuzzy, but isn't fleece or corduroy, just cute! The flowers are brown. One layer has brown dots and the upper layer has green around the middle and are attached with a blue button.

I can make these without embelishments. I have thought about making solid colored shoes and then making interchangeable bows or flowers to go on them.





I guess my main question to all of you that have little girls is, how much should I charge for these? How much would you spend for a pair of handmade shoes?

5 comments:

Luke & Erica said...

So cute Cassandra!! You have been busy. Are you thinking about making a separate blog for them? Just wondering, I would total add you to my bow blog. I love the red w/ flowers!

Burgess said...

I LOVE the boots! How much did they cost to make? What I've heard is whatever it cost to make -- times that by 3. So if it cost $3 to make, then charge $9. Just an idea..

Erin said...

Sooo cute! I'd definately buy them, though I can't say what you should charge. I agree that you need to first take into consideration what it costs you in both materials and time, and just charge what you think your product is worth. As long as they're not outrageously priced, I think they'd go--they're so cute, and at least I'VE never seen anything like them! If you really want to make the flowers interchangeable (a GREAT idea!) think about doing it with snaps--I found the cutest little headbands for my bald baby that have interchangeable flowers--called snapbandz. Check out their website for the concept--www.snapbandz.com. I've also made some before, so I'll lend my experience if you'd like to figure out how to make it work. Just let me know...Good luck!

Gardner Family said...

So cute! (The embellished brown looks like like chenille fabric.) Anywyas, good job! I'd for sure pay more than $9, though. Maybe $15. They are adorable.

Clint and Tiffany said...

Those are ADORABLE!! Man! I guess it's been longer than I thought it had since I've checked your blog... oops! I would SO buy a pair of those, how big do you make them? They would be adorable as slippers for older kids {hint hint - Madi}. Just a thought!