Thursday, May 29, 2008

Two months old


Madilyn is 8 weeks old and had to got her first shots today. I give babies shots all the time, but it is so different having my own child get one! Hearing her cry makes me want to cry! You can tell that she's not very happy today. She is 15 pounds 3 ounces and 24 1/4 inches long. I thought she felt a lot heavier than Evan, and she is, he was only 13lbs 12oz at this age. The doctor reassured me that her growth will slow at some point. I sure hope so... I have a hard time carrying her in her carseat and she only gets to wear her clothes a few times before she grows out of them. She loves to smile and is barely starting to coo. I just can't wait until she sleeps through the night (she's still up every 4 hours). We are really enjoying having a girl though!

1 comment:

Rick*Amber*Taryn*Bryant said...

I hate those first shots! My heart broke when Taryn got them. It is so different when it is your child in pain!