Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Things to be grateful for

This has been a very productive day. We have been working on painting our living room for weeks and finally finished it up today. We are also trying to lose some weight together and I have actually worked out for the past 4 out of 5 days. Which makes me feel great. I don't know what it is about working out. Even though I haven't lost anything yet, just doing it makes me feel like I look better. Maybe I'm mental, but it is a mental thing.

My sink is empty and clean, my counter are clean, and the best part: both kids are quiet... so they must be sleeping. Yay!

The best part about the past few days is having my husband home with me even if it is because he got laid off. I have really missed him. We were prepared for this and we have prepared for it well I think, which makes me feel okay about it. I also have an excitement for the future. The Lord prepare us ahead of time so that I was able to get a full-time position, and I know that he has better plans for Todd. I am incredibly grateful that we are going to be able to keep our home and pay our bills. It won't be easy, but we'll make it. We have a loving father in heaven who gave instruction through prophets for women to get their educations for this very reason, and I am glad I heeded that, and am able to provide enough for our family.

I am grateful for big sales on meat at Safeway. Tomorrow I get to jar 20 pounds of hamburger and chicken with my mother-in-law while the kids get to play with their grandparents... who said food storage was torture? It is something to look forward to, and we get to enjoy spending time with family.

Mostly I am grateful to know that I can pray each night and that those prayers are heard and answered. It is amazing how the Lord forever is aware of our needs and that things always end up right in the end when we do our part.

2 comments:

Crafty Cowgirl said...

jar hamburgar?

Luke & Erica said...

Cassandra sorry to hear about Todd. I know that you were preparing and so glad to hear how up in spirits you are. I'm glad that you are finally done with the painting, it can be a lot of work.