Thursday, February 19, 2009

What Can I Say?

I guess things haven't necessarily been very easy around here. Todd is at home and feels he should be at work, while I am at work feeling like I should be at home. It is not comforting to be working against natural instincts. I have been able to get some extra hours this week. This lessens the financial worry, but I am so drained. I do my best to keep Todd really busy on my days off so he doesn't get insanely bored. I think instead that I overwork him, poor guy! I think we will get used to this. Todd is finishing his very last class to get his associates and is doing it through indenpendent study since it wasn't offered this semester. It's good for him to get that completed without worrying about getting up early for work in the morning.

Evan and Madilyn have days where they sort of like eachother, and days when they definately do not. Having them in the same room has created less sleep for all of us, but that seems to be getting better. I think being away from them makes me a little more patient with it because I feel like they are so much bigger every time I come home from a long shift. I put them to bed at night, and go to work when they are asleep, then I come home, have about an hour and half with them and start the whole routine over. Somehow seeing how quickly they grow up makes me glad that they are still little enough to keep me up at night. I have the job that I do because I love babies, and mine are getting so big.

Complaining doesn't do any good, because we are incredibly lucky, but this is a hard transition. This time will pass, and probably too quickly, so we are finding ways to enjoy it. The time we have together has been so wonderful. My kids have their Daddy home with them, and that, for him, is I think is the best part of all of this. These kids have missed their Daddy, and so have I.

4 comments:

Crafty Cowgirl said...

I love u cassandra! It was so good to see u! I know the Lord is with you and ur cute little family! Feel free to add me to ur blog list and check ou my blog now and then

Quinn said...

I love your blogs, and I'm sorry but that bit about them liking, and then not liking each other; funny! Your kids are so dang cute!

klutzy k said...

way to go todd! what school is he doing his bachelor's through? that is AWESOME!!!

Erin said...

I know you posted this a long time ago, but I was just catching up on your blog, and when I came across it I just really wanted to tell you how moved I am by your positive attitude in the face of such trials! I only hope that when (not if, but when) I am faced with adversity that tries me so much, I will be able to remember your amazing insights and example. We'll keep you and your family in 9our thoughts and prayers.

Rustin and Erin