Saturday, March 14, 2009

Awe

I sat looking at Evan tonight as he and his Daddy exchanged silly faces after I scared him with his "snake." It was actually a fake string of pearls that used to be my necklace from choir... which he broke, of course. Suddenly I was just amazed. Amazed that I was a PARENT. Looking at MY kid. That I made that beautiful little person. I feel so inadequate most of the time. He is so strong-willed. Besides, I am still a kid right? I sure feel like one. I don't know if anyone ever feels old enough to raise children because it is the hardest thing ever, ever, ever. This is all I know though... I only get once chance to do it right.

I am greatful for the chance!

1 comment:

Luke & Erica said...

That is so funny that you should talk like this. Today Andie was telling Lucas and I that we don't look old enough to be parents. My 8-year-old was telling me this. It made us laugh. I actually got freaked today, I just realized that Lucas and I have been married for almost 10 years. Where did the time go?