Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Finally Seasoned




March 8th is our 6th anniversary. We feel like an old married couple now! Just kidding. Honestly though, I feel like we have really become "seasoned" this year and we are more in love than ever.



We started off the year with an addition to the family. Every time a child is added, it sure changes the dynamics! It is so fun to have a mini Todd and a mini me. We love watching eachother be parents. It is awesome to look at our children and be so amazed that we made them.


Todd was working PM shifts and I felt like I was going insane trying to get a new baby and a 3-year-old off to bed by myself. Then Todd started a job in Morenci that required two hours of commuting time every day. I work every other weekend. So, he'd come home eat, and then we would get the kids to bed so he could get up at 4:30 for work. We had every other weekend together and that was it. We kinda felt like roommates I guess. Saying hi in passing.




Then came the big layoff. Yeah, it is hard, but it has been such an incredible blessing. We now have 4 days together every week! I LOVE it. We have caught up on so many of the projects we could never get to, and we are able to double up on the kids. Todd is an amazing father with so much patience. The kids adore him.


Just in the past few weeks Todd and I say the same thing at the same time and finish eachother's sentences. I honestly feel like I've fallen in love with him all over again. I am incredibly lucky. I don't think I'm going to let him go back to work either ;0)




We are spending the weekend with family so that the kids can see their grandparents. I love my family, and I am so greatful for the eternal bas that my Todd and I started with 6 years ago in the Mesa temple. My decision to marry Todd was inspired and I spent many many weeks fasting when we were dating. He is absolutely perfect for me. I am astonished with how well we comlement one another. I am greatful for a loving heavenly father who let me know that this was who I should be with. I will be blessed for eternity because of this man, and so will our precious children



I love you so much Todd!

3 comments:

Luke & Erica said...

Cassandra that is so sweet. I feel the same way about Lucas, well most of the time. It is crazy how we let our lives get so crazy. I can't wait until next week. It will be spring break, Yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary (in a couple days.

Rob said...

You guys are still so cute!!