Thursday, August 20, 2009

School Time Again!

I love this time of year. I remember being so excited on the first day of school to get to see all my friends again and show off all my new clothes. Living next to the college, I also am reminded of how fun each semester of college was.

Evan started preschool again this year and I am hoping it helps him a lot. Evan is still having a really hard time with his speech. We had him evaluated three times to go to the free pre-school here to get help, but each time he was just above the cut-off and is barely normal for his age. It makes me sick because he really does need help. I am sure praying that this preschool will help him.
Here he is on the first day of school:


Every time I sit down to play the piano, I am attacked by the kids. I thought I would get a few pictures of them having fun:

A friend of mine lost her husband yesterday to lupus. I have been deep in thought and so saddened for her. How greatful I am for eternal marriages and the gift of a comforter. I cannot even begin to comprehend the pain she is going through right now. He was so young! It makes me hold my family a little thighter at night and not want to comlain about my trials.

1 comment:

Luke & Erica said...

I love Lucas so much and I know I shouldn't be, but I am totally dependent on him. I don't know what my children or I would do without him. I am so grateful for my wonderful family. Love the pic of Evan getting ready for school, it almost looks like his is striking a spiderman pose.