Thursday, August 20, 2009

We Made It!

I still hold fast to saying that I don't like to travel. We did have a great time though and it was so nice to not have to take the kids with us. The kids were thankfully very good for their grandparents, and happy to see us when we came home. We are so lame that we were more excited to come home than we were to leave. I guess we don't get away from our kids enough.
We only had 2 1/2 days to see Washington, so we had time to take 200+ pictures and get a glance at most of the things. There is WAY too much to do there! I'll share a few of my favorite photos and won't tell you all that we did. Like anyone cares!

Washington monument (we got shots of this thing from every angle... it just is so cool to see)

We also have a million shots of the U.S. capitol. The building is absoutely breath-taking. And, I am a sucker for old architecture.

Arlington National Cemetery. I had no idea how huge this place is! The mood there was so special. This was one of my favorites of the trip


The Tomb of the unknown, Arlington National Cemetery. We got to watch the changing of the guard, and it left me speechless.

In front of the White House

The White House

We were so hot and sweaty, but we did capture a few good shots

The U.S. Capitol
We loved to see all the old buildings--there were so many amazing ones. I have never seen so many people that didn't speak English. There were a lot of homeless there too. Riding the subway for the first time was fun, and it was way convenient and inexpesive.
As much fun as it was though, I know that I belong in Arizona now. I felt so out of place there!
The best part of the trip was the conference of course. Another nurse from the hospital here and I went to an external fetal monitoring conferece. Our speaker was so good and I loved her Chicago accent. We learned a lot.
We have spent the last couple of days getting the laundry done and house cleaned. It is so good to be home!

No comments: